Race Weekend Info
Welcome to the 2014 Naperville Marathon and Half Marathon Races!
On behalf of the staff, volunteers, sponsors and most importantly the residents, businesses, cities and park districts of the Naperville area we would like to welcome you. We’re thrilled you’re here with us and look forward to welcoming you back year after year!
Things to do Before Race Day:
- Download and read the 2014 Runners Guide (coming soon!).
It contains significant, helpful information for you.
- Pay particular attention to the parking, chip timing and start sections.
- Watch your email box for your Vitual Goody Bag.
- Come to the Race Expo to pick up your bib, chip, race shirt and gear check bag.
- If you have fans and friends coming to watch you, download the Spectator Guide.
- Watch for the latest updates see our Facebook page.
- On race day plan to arrive EARLY.
- Relax! This weekend it's all about YOU!
Packet Pickup and Expo
Race Expo and Packet Pickup in Naperville - see complete information
2014 Expo Hours:
Friday, November 7 • 10:30 AM – 7 PM Expo Hours
Saturday, November 8 • 10 AM – 4:30 PM Expo Hours
• 4:30 PM – 6 PM Late pickup: packet/bib & shirt
Edward Health & Fitness Center (MAP)
(Edward Hospital Campus)
775 Brom Court, Naperville, IL 60540
Helpful last minute tips
Tips to make your race weekend experience as enjoyable as possible!
- Start Corral - It is very important to line up with the appropriate per mile pace groups. Find your per minute mile pace sign in the start corral and line up accordingly. More info.
- Pay attention to the course marshals. Close to the 12 mile mark, the marathon and half marathon races will split and go separate directions. The marshals and signage will guide you but please pay attention.
- You may not change races from what you are registered for.
- You may not transfer/sell/give your bib to someone else.
- Please check this website or our Facebook page for any last minute race updates!!
- ENJOY your race experience in Naperville!
Gear Check Bag Instructions
NOTE: Only Official Gear Check bags will be checked.
You will receive your Gear Check Bag at the Expo/Packet Pickup along with your shirt, bib and timing chip. Take the gear check tag from the bottom of your bib and attach it to your gear check bag with the ZIP TIE PROVIDED.
Put some warm clothes into your gear check bag for after the race and drop your bag at our Gear Check trailer west of the starting line when you arrive at Race Village on race morning.
NOTE: Only Official Gear Check bags will be checked. Please do not check any valuables. All bags are left at your own risk.
NOTE: NO UNATTENDED BAGS may be left anywhere in the race village or on the course. They will be removed and destroyed.
Gear Check Directions:
- Only official Gear Check bags may be checked
- Remove the gear check tag from your bib
- Attach the tag to the goody bag using the ZIP TIE PROVIDED
- Before your race - Show your bib number and hand your bag to the volunteers at the Gear Check trailer west of the start line.
- You may not check a bag for another runner.
- After your race - Show your bib to pick up your bag.
- ALL BAGS ARE LEFT AT YOUR OWN RISK
Remove your D-Tag timing strip from the back of your bib and affix to your shoe per the instructions on the timing strip.
Make sure you cross each timing mat on the course in order to assure you receive an official time. And remember, no timing chip = no time. Don’t forget to bring your bib and timing chip on race morning!
- Runners' Guide (PDF format)
- Packet Pickup info
- Spectator's Guide (PDF format)
- Medical Guide (PDF format)
- Find your Bib Number
- Shuttle and Parking Lot Information (PDF format)
- Online Interactive Detour Route Map - get around the race detours
- Spectator Information
- Start/Finish Village (PDF format)
- Weekend Guide (PDF format)
Race Day Morning
- Start/Finish Area Map
- ADA Parking is available near the start/finish line in the Naperville Central High School Parking lot. Vehicles with an ADA placard or license plate may enter the lot off of Aurora Avenue. ADA parking is also available in all of the public parking lots and decks in downtown Naperville. If ADA shuttle service is needed from the Downtown Naperville Metra Station, please make a reservation 24 hours in advance via email at email@example.com.
Race Day Schedule
2014 Naperville Marathon Races
Sunday, November 9
- 6:45 a.m. Color Guard & National Anthem
- 7:00 a.m. Marathon & Half Marathon races start
After you cross the finish line it is time to celebrate your achievement!
Stop at gear check, show your bib number to retrieve your gear bag.
Then head into Celebration Village for some well earned food, drink and the congratulations of your friends and family.
Both races will start together at 7:00 AM at Naperville Central High School on W. Hillside Road.
Chip timing insures no congestion occurs once the race begins. There is no need to be the fist one across the starting line - your official time starts when you cross the starting line not when the gun goes off.
Find your per minute mile PACE sign in the start corral and line up accordingly. Pace based starting is very important for optimum runner spacing on the course. Please be respectful of your fellow runners and be honest about your pace. You do not want to get run over by faster runners.
The 2014 Edward Hospital Naperville Marathon & Half Marathon will be run completely on streets.
- 2014 Marathon Course Map (PDF format)
- 2014 Marathon Course Map (PNG format)
Results and Photos
The Official Photographer for the Naperville Races is Action Sports Images. They are very experienced at marathon photography. They will have two photographers at the start and finish lines and four photographers on the course between miles 2 – 26 at ideal places to catch you during your race!
After you finish they will also take posed shots of you with your medals. Within 1 week after the races they will post your images online and send you a postcard with samples of your images.